The connection between surgery and the arts may seem distant to the casual observer. After all, medical procedures are about science and skill, while art is about aesthetic appreciation and talent. But in the world of plastic surgery procedures, visual art and aesthetic plastic surgery actually go hand in hand.
Aesthetic plastic surgery is the art of sculpting the body into a more visually pleasing shape. Lifting sagging breasts, performing a tummy tuck or liposuction, or removing loose skin are all procedures that benefit from an artistic eye. Because no subject has been portrayed more often in art than the human body, study of the arts is the ideal preparation to gain skill and expertise in aesthetic plastic surgery.
Dr. Elizabeth Harris is certified and experienced in performing aesthetic plastic surgery. She’s also extensively studied art, giving her a well-honed sense of composition and shape that she uses to help patients achieve a sculpted, well-proportioned look.
As one of the top plastic surgeons in the area, Dr. Harris has over 20 years of experience helping patients regain their youthful appearance or achieve a fresh new look. She recommends that patients keep a few things in mind when considering aesthetic plastic surgery:
- Good surgery candidates are in good health and do not smoke.
- To achieve the best results, avoid significant weight loss or gain after your procedure.
- Realistic expectations are a vital part of a successful surgery.
- Plan for some downtime to heal after your procedure. Like any surgery, there can be pain, soreness, or stiffness until you are fully healed.
- Choose only an experienced, certified plastic surgeon for your surgery.