Believe it or not, not every woman who seeks out a breast lift does so for larger breasts. In fact, women often decide to get a breast lift without implants because they’re unhappy with the position or shape of their breasts.
There’s no denying the fact that a woman’s body goes through many changes throughout her life. From pregnancy and breastfeeding to weight gain, weight loss, and the natural aging process, breasts can go from firm and perky to saggy and deflated in no time. Fortunately, many women have experienced great success with breast lift procedures. Not only are they performed without having to insert implants, but the procedure helps restore breasts to their original, more youthful position.
Let’s take a look at five pros and five cons associated with breast lift procedures without implants.
Breast Lift Without Implants Pros
- When a breast lift is performed, the breasts will be repositioned and excess skin will be removed so that the breasts rest higher up on the chest. Lifts also help make stretched nipples appear smaller. Overall, a normal breast lift surgery will restore the breasts’ youthful appearance without the need for implants.
- Women can also expect to see some firming of the breasts without implants as well.
- Breast lifts may help women find relief from back pain and poor posture. In addition, they can improve overall spinal health. Implants will only add more weight.
- Breast lifts without implants cost less.
- Women do not need to worry about eventually changing out a breast implant with another procedure if they just get a lift.
Breast Lift Without Implants Cons
- Breast lifts alone will not add extra cleavage to breasts. This is accomplished through implants.
- Breast implants help retain volume and curves to breasts with aging while breast lifts do not.
- Women who already have implants who are seeking to get them removed and get a lift will see a loss of volume and previous shape.
- Sometimes women do have second thoughts about going smaller or bigger with breast surgery. If you’re on the fence, electing to get breast implants with a breast lift will save you time, money, and extra scarring in the long-term.
- Breast implants allow for more shape and contouring options than just a breast lift alone. Your body’s unique form factor will determine this to some degree, but implants really are just tools to help shape the chest.
Consult With An Experienced Plastic Surgeon First
It is always best to make up your mind after to speaking to a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon. Dr. Elizabeth Harris takes every patient’s medical history, desired look, budget, and physical limitations into consideration when advising on getting a breast lift without implants or vice versa. Schedule an appointment today to get the answers you need to make an informed decision today!